Cheesy Savoury Popcorn
Write a review
- 3/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- S & P, to tatse
- Heat 2 tbsp. coconut oil in a pan (with a lid) over a medium-high heat. The oil needs to be pretty hot to get the corn popping, if it sits for too long in the pan without popping it will burn. So yeah, make sure the oil is nice and hot and then toss in your popcorn, pop the lid on and shake it about until it all gets coated in oil. Keep shaking until all the kernels have popped (or until there are several seconds between pops). Put the popped corn into a nice big bowl, melt down the remaining coconut oil, pour over the popcorn, and then mix it about with your hands to make sure all the corn is covered. Sprinkle on your seasonings, and give it a little shake (not too much or else the nutritional yeast will all fall to the bottom). Serve in cute little popcorn bowls like I've done here, or just dig in and start eating.
- You can get nutritional yeast at most health food shops.
Laura Thomas, PhD | Registered Nutritionist | Wellness Advocate http://www.laurathomasphd.co.uk/