Green Power Smoothie
Write a review
- 1 banana, frozen
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 T almond butter
- 1 cup almond milk (or more if you prefer a thinner smoothie)
- ¼ t chlorella or spirulina powder (optional)
- Big handful of spinach
- Throw everything in a blender (add some ice if you wanna get fancy), blend until really smooth and creamy, pour into a pretty glass. Enjoy!
- Take it to the next level: try out new nut butters, plant-based milks, superfood supplements, and exotic frozen fruits.
- Try coconut water in place of the almond milk.
- If your blender isn’t super powerful then you can take the freezer packs out a few minutes before to let them thaw out slightly, this will make it a lot easier to blend up.
Laura Thomas, PhD | Registered Nutritionist | Wellness Advocate http://www.laurathomasphd.co.uk/