Vanilla Oat Milk
A lovely soothing oat milk
Write a review
- 1 cup gluten-free organic rolled oats (and water to soak)
- 4 cups purified water
- 2 pitted mejdool dates (or more if you prefer it sweeter)
- 1 tspn. vanilla powder
- Pinch pink himalayan sea salt
- Soak the oats in water overnight then drain and add to a blender along with fresh water and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture through a sieve or a cheesecloth and pop the mixture back into the blender. Pour boiling water over the dates and leave for ten minutes to soften. Add the dates, vanilla, and salt. Chill in the fridge and use like any other milk alternative.
- You could use maple syrup or coconut sugar instead of dates if you prefer.
- If you're using a super high powered blender like a Vitamix then you don't need to strain the pulp out, it will be thicker though so you could use less oats to begin with. Just play around until you get the consistency right for you!
Laura Thomas, PhD | Registered Nutritionist | Wellness Advocate http://www.laurathomasphd.co.uk/