Chia and Mango Parfait
Write a review
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tspn. vanilla extract (I like to use vanilla powder too)
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Mango Layer
- 2 cups mango, fresh or frozen
- Fresh fruit to garnish
- Mix all the chia pudding ingredients together in a bowl and allow to chill in the fridge overnight. Sometimes the chia seeds like to sink to the bottom so you may want to give them another stir after 5 mins or so to stop them clumping together. Blend mango until completely smooth (add a little water if you need it to blend up) and put the mango in the fridge to set up overnight. In the morning, give both the chia and mango a stir, add more milk to the chia if it's too thick for you.
- Layer mago and chia in your favourite glass (start with chia on the base because it's heavier), then pile with fresh fruit and enjoy.
Laura Thomas, PhD | Registered Nutritionist | Wellness Advocate http://www.laurathomasphd.co.uk/