Are those hips nice and open after that flow? I dunno about you but my shoulder are the first thing to tighten and tense up when I’m sitting at my desk for hours (starting a new business for example…) so I’m for sure doing that sequence at home. Once all the videos are up online, I’m going to get them on the site, but for everyone in Leeds, keep watching the episodes on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8pm on Made in Leeds. Next week I’ve got a gorgeous layered chia seed pudding and a vanilla oat milk recipe to share with you, you’re gonna love them both.
Ok so, let’s talk about popcorn. Yeah, I know, sounds super effing boring, but hear me out, this stuff isn’t just for movies anymore. And when it’s done right, it’s actually a real healthy snack and so easy to make at home (no weird microwaved shit thanks!). You see, popcorn is really high in fibre, and counts as a wholegrain, and when you cover it in delicious cheesy nutritional yeast, you’re getting a load of B vitamins, protein, and even a little boost to the immune system. If you’ve never used nutritional yeast before, don’t be scared, it may look a bit like fish food, but tastes deliciously cheesy and works really well in cheese sauce recipes (watch out for one of those soon!). You can get it in most health food shops. If you’re on the plants, make sure and get the stuff that’s B12 fortified too!
This recipe also has a bunch of paprika in it, which gives it a gorgeous smoky flavour, but if you’re not into it then just ditch it, it’ll still be yummy sans paprika.
- 3/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- S & P, to tatse
- Heat 2 tbsp. coconut oil in a pan (with a lid) over a medium-high heat. The oil needs to be pretty hot to get the corn popping, if it sits for too long in the pan without popping it will burn. So yeah, make sure the oil is nice and hot and then toss in your popcorn, pop the lid on and shake it about until it all gets coated in oil. Keep shaking until all the kernels have popped (or until there are several seconds between pops). Put the popped corn into a nice big bowl, melt down the remaining coconut oil, pour over the popcorn, and then mix it about with your hands to make sure all the corn is covered. Sprinkle on your seasonings, and give it a little shake (not too much or else the nutritional yeast will all fall to the bottom). Serve in cute little popcorn bowls like I've done here, or just dig in and start eating.
- You can get nutritional yeast at most health food shops.
One last little announcement, thanks to everyone who entered the Sweet Revolution and well done to Nancy (@brighterchiro) for winning the bundle of chocolate goodies! (I’ve sent you an email!)
I have a cool natural beauty treatment I’m going to share with you so you can try it this weekend, check back soon!