Salted Maple Pecan Granola
Maple Pecan Granola Heaven!
Write a review
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat the over to 180 degree. Whisk together ground flaxseed and water and stick it in the fridge for about 15 mins to let it gel. In a big bowl, mix together oats, vanilla, salt, and maple syrup, and coconut oil and then once the flax has set, stir it in toss in the pecans (and sunflower seeds if using) and give it all one last stir.
- Flatten the granola out in a thin layer on a baking sheet (if it's too thick it won't crunch up as nicely - I bake mine in 3 batches). Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown, turning the pan halfway through so both sides cook evenly. Let it cool completely and then crumble it up into tiny pieces, or leave it in big chunks (better, IMO). Add raisins at end if using.
- You might have to turn the temp down if your oven is super hot or fan assisted.
- Only add 1/4 tsp. salt if you're not going for salted maple vibes
Laura Thomas, PhD | Registered Nutritionist | Wellness Advocate https://www.laurathomasphd.co.uk/