So, it’s halfway through September and I’m only just getting round to posting August’s TMJ – whatchu gon’ do? This month I’m jumping on the Scand-wagon with this GD Hygge book that keeps popping up everywhere (but which I have yet to read), plus these super cool Skandinavisk candles. Keeping the cosy vibes going, I’m including this hot chocolate. I never set out to make a particularly Fall inspired mood board – but I’m guess my subconscious is trying to tell me it’s time to get hibernating. Subtle.
- So hygge is supposed to be the new big thing for Fall/Christmas. It roughly translates from Danish as cosiness, but it’s about that feeling of wellbeing, contentment, and enjoying life. The Little Book of Hygge is written by this dude, Meik Wiking, who is the top guy at the Copenhagen Happiness Research Institute – so I’m guessing he knows some stuff. Tbh, I mostly just want to read it to see what all the fuss is about. £6 – Amazon
- Hi, my name is Laura and I’m addicted to Kombucha. I go back and forth on my favourite brand, but basically anything that’s sour and a bit vinegary. Citrus is good. So is ginger. Problem is, it’s an expensive habit (I mean, it could be a LOT worse, but you know, relatively). So, I was pretty jazzed when I came across this AT HOME KOMBUCHA MAKING MACHINE. I guess it’s not really a machine so much as a glorified jar, but it’s cool all the same. I tried making kombucha once before in a normal jar and it didn’t work. A dedicated kombucha jar slash machine makes me feel safe, ya know? It’s £44 at John Lewis which is pretty good considering you’d spend that on like 3 bottles of Kombucha. I need this.
- So on last week’s podcast I talked about my new incense obsession (currently burning this) and how I can’t find any holders that don’t look like weird coffins. I did some digging and found this real pretty brass one from Cinnamon Projects – available in the UK from Goodhood for £30. I love it’s sleek, minimalist aesthetic – so into that whole vibe rn. Bonus – get £5 off when you subscribe to the Goodhood mailing list (which you def should because their shit is bananas)
- How cute are these gold baskets? I want a set to put my fruit & veg in, another for my ever growing collection of food mags, and more for my office to function as my IRL inbox. I spotted them at Industry & Co in Dubz when I was there earlier this month for a wedding, but they ship to the UK. They €35 for two. P.S. I just had to google ‘Euro sign mac’ and it’s ALT+SHIFT+2 for future reference.
- Another Dublin find – I’ve talked about how great Loving Earth chocolate is before, so I was pretty jazzed when I came across their creamy drinking chocolate -not that’s it’s especially healthy necessarily – but it’s pretty GD tasty, and comes in cute packaging.I haven’t seen it in any stores here yet, but check out the Loving Earth site.
- You’ve probably seen these Skandinavisk puppies blowing up all over social. They’re right on (Hygge) trend, have sweet branding, and they smell amazing. I spent a long time smelling them all and decided that Fjord is the best flavour. You can get them at John Lewis, but it seems they’re only £25 in the store, as opposed to £28 online. Never Knowingly Undersold, my dick. (Also, I have saved you £8 this month).
Along with the entire world, I’m also loving this song rn:
What are you totally jamming on rn? Let me know in the comments!