This workshop is designed to deliver advice and practical tools to give you confidence in raising your children with a more intuitive approach to food. There’s so much confusing information around how to feed your kids; this workshop will cut through the BS and give you the tools to raise kids who have a healthy relationship with food and their body.
Run by Registered Nutritionist Laura Thomas, PhD, and Registered Dietitian Jess Rann, this workshop will cover;
- A framework for child feeding that takes the pressure off of kids + help support parents
- How fussy eating develops + tools to get over it
- How restrictive feeding can backfire
- Responsive feeding and how to support kids’ innate hunger + fullness signals
- How to create positive mealtimes (no negotiating, bargaining or pleading them to eat their veggies!)
- Tips on how to talk about food + bodies that helps without harming
- We’ll also be answering the age-old question; is Peppa Pig fat-phobic? (spoiler: probably yes)
This worksop is open to parents + caretakers of kids of any age. Babies are welcome.
Tickets will include a breakfast pastry, fruit, smoothie, tea and coffee during the workshop and a goody bag.
DATE AND TIME
Sat 6 October 2018
09:00 – 13:00 BST
Hackney Coffee Company
503 Hackney Road