I don’t know about you, but it’s too annoying to F with ice cream makers. And I really don’t wanna mess with a bunch of white sugar making me batshit one minute then crashing hard the next. But I still want a delicious frozen treat.
What to do? What to do? I could go buy some ice lollies from the store, but again, they’re full of weird colourings and sugar. I love me some cashew ice cream, but it’s too heavy!
Wait, I got it: nice cream
Yup, I’m not afraid to say it: nice cream
Alright, it sounds stupid. But trust me, nice cream’s where it’s at. Basically, frozen sliced bananas + whatever you got = delicious alternative to ice cream, or nice cream if you nasty. No need to add sugar or bust out your ice cream maker and wait a week for it to churn. Just straight up fruity deliciousness. There are about a million different combos, and you can get tricky and add cocoa powder and, cinnamon and stuff like that. But I’m keeping it real with just three ingredients. Frozen strawbs, watermelon, and banana. Blend that mess up, and you’ve got some tasty ass nice cream!
- 4 Cups watermelon cubes (~1/2 watermelon)
- 3 Cups Strawberries (halved)
- 3 bananas, sliced
- Optional: vanilla powder/extract, maple syrup, pinch of salt
- Chop up all your fruit and line it up on a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper. You want them to have some space in between so they don't all stick together when they freeze. Put trays in the freezer overnight - you'll need a few trays since there's a lot of fruit.
- The next day bring the fruit out of the freezer and let them thaw for about 5 mins or so, until they've slightly softened. Throw everything in a high speed food processor/blender. I did it in two batches in my vitamix. You might need to do smaller batches in a food processor, but it should still work, scrape down the sides every now and then if you need to. It may be a little hard at first, but stick with it, once it gets going it should get nice and creamy thanks to the bananas.
- If you're doing it in separate batches then put everything back together in a big mixing bowl - work fast so it doesn't all melt. You can either eat it straight away, put it in lolly moulds, or put in in a container and stick it back in the freezer until you wanna eat it.
- Serve it with fruit, and mint and stuff to make it look classy.
I’ve also go a really cool pod coming your way on Friday. It’s soooo good, you’re not going to want to miss it! Make sure you’re subscribed on iTunes for updates!