A superfood smoothie that you eat with a spoon!
Write a review
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 pack frozen acai
- 1/4 cup almond milk
Toppings (pick a few)
- Nut Butter
- Chia seeds
- Ground flax
- Fresh fruit (berries, sliced banana)
- Cacoa nibs
- Shredded coconut
- In a high powered blender (like a vitamix) combine the frozen banana, blueberries, acai, and enough almond milk so that it all blends together; blend on high for a minute or so until it's nice and smooth, but not so much that everything completely defrosts and gets runny (that way your toppings will sink).
- Add as many different toppings as you want
- If you have a normal style blender, you might want to let the bowl ingredients thaw a bit more before blending them so you don't kill your blender.
Laura Thomas, PhD | Registered Nutritionist | Wellness Advocate http://www.laurathomasphd.co.uk/