If any of you guys followed the old blog, you might remember that I totally FREAKED when Lifebox came on the scene, and every month when that pretty white box shows up, I fangirl hard and post that shit to Instagram. If you don’t know about Lifebox then let me fill you in; Lifebox is one of those subscription deals that you sign up to and it gets sent to your house/office/wherever every month. But unlike some subscription boxes it’s not filled with filler crap that just lies around in your cupboards until you eat it out of desperation after you haven’t been shopping for two weeks. Every single product in Lifebox is carefully thought out, and never repeated, (even though sometimes you kinda wish it was!), and the kicker is, it’s all really, really good for you! This is the best way to discover new and exciting wholefood brands, products, and supplements, that might otherwise be unaffordable or difficult to find. Or maybe you have seen some of those ingredients in the shop, but you were like maca powder?? Dafuq is that? What would I even do with that? So you didn’t buy it, thinking it’s weird hippy food. But then it come in your Lifebox, along with a cute little recipe card giving you some ideas of how to get your maca on, and you’re like “wow, that wasn’t so scary afterall!” And then it’s maca in your green smoothies erryday!
Another cool thing about Lifebox is the superwoman behind the brand. After going through her own personal health journey, Jenny started the company in 2014 and has already been featured in Vogue and named one of the Mail on Sunday’s top 5 subscription boxes. Not too shabby for a company that’s less than a year old! This lady has the most impressive hussle I’ve ever seen on any business owner I’ve ever come across, PLUS she’s a super sweet charmer, and pretty easy going on the eyes too! So I’m very proud that Jen asked lil ol’ me to send her one of my recipes to slip into July Lifeboxes!
Obviously, there was only one choice; I had to resurrect the Goji Almond Latte from the old blog. A blend of sweet goji berries, creamy cashew milk and thick almond butter, what’s not to love?
If you got your July Lifebox in the post today, you’re all set to go! Delicious vanilla almond butter from Keen, your very own nut milk bag so you can DIY that shit, and a bag of gojis. Your recipe card is in the box.
If you don’t subscribe to LifeBox yet, then get on that here.
Ok, now you can have the recipe.
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- 1 cup cashew milk (or your fave nut milk)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tspn vanilla paste/powder/extract (whatever you've got)
- 1 tspn maple syrup (optional - it's pretty sweet without it so maybe test it first.
- Put the berries and a small bowl and pour enough hot water over them to just cover them, let them soak for around 15 mins. Drain the berries, then put everything in the blender/food processor (except maple) and blend until totally smooth. If you have a super powered blender then leave it in there until it's steamy hot, otherwise pour it into a pan and heat it up that way. Taste for sweetness and add maple if you need it. Pour into a big mug, kick back, and enjoy!
- You can also make a batch and instead of heating it up, cool it down in the fridge or with ice for a cold treat!
Until next time, be cool xx